Wednesday, March 16, 2011

People Who Have My Job

What I'm about to do it set up a weekly blog post. It's going to be called "People Who Have My Job".

This week, it's my Brand Manager position that I'll have post-MBA. (Yes, I'm currently Pre-Undergrad...but don't worry, I'll get there).

A Brand Manager is the professional who loves and cares for the growth and evolvement of brands. An example of this is Ralph Lauren interior paint and home decor. Ten years ago, who would have thought that you would be choosing between Dulux or Ralph Lauren to paint your living room? Yet, the combination is magic. This was the brilliance of the Brand Manager.

So, back onto people who have my job...P.Diddy. Yes, he has my job. Did you know that P.Diddy is the Chief Marketing Officer and Brand Manager of Ciroc Vodka? He has turned the Ciroc brand into an A-Listing-Swagger-Bolsting-Party-Must-Have Vodka. Ciroc's event promotions with E! Network, Diddy's New Years Eve Party combined with their current television campaign in the United States has made Ciroc the smoothest liquor you can handle. He's also increased sales by 400%. Obviously we must account for the power of P.Diddy, but also how much fun a Brand Manager can have by living creatively, inventing and then injecting personality into a product and then watching it blossom.

Here's the current Ciroc television campaign, enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment