Thursday, March 24, 2011

Mummy, where do ideas come from?

I love creating - from my marketing plans for university assignments to designing colours and styles for the swimwear line I will launch one day … and everything in between. Some days I find inspiration in the tiniest of quirks or colour schemes and regularly wake up in the middle of the night with a "brilliant idea". I scribble it down like a mad woman on the notebook I keep beside my bed in the dark only to wake up to bleeble-blabble written sideways.

Another place I find lots of ideas is in the shower. I think it's the time alone with the sound of water that lets my imagination free and I come up with more "brilliant ideas". You notice I am an idea generating power tank? I keep my ideas in a scrapbook along with magazine tear outs, newspaper cutouts, and photos of family, friends and sunsets. What I really want to do is put the canon camera on my Dad’s telescope and take photos of the moon too. But that's another story...

I find having this time to myself when I am free to create is incredibly important; and it is something I love to do. I hope you all have something of your own that you’re free to do with what you want and it brings you something extra special in your day.


 This is a photo I took in Tobago over Christmas, it's my favourite today.

No comments:

Post a Comment