Wednesday, March 23, 2011

We Go Together Like Ra-ma la-ma la-ma ka ding a da ding de dong


I wish I had more time to spend with my friends. I am blessed to have some magnificent friends. They're all kinds of caring, wonderful, brilliant, hilarious and adorable. I love ringing one of my friends with whom I haven't spoken in a couple of months and picking right up where we left off....they say this is a sign of a strong friendship, and it's a heartwarming thing to do.

Since I’ve been back at university, I have found that the demands of my workload and desire for high grades come at the cost of my friendships. All I want to do on the weekends is have lunch with my friends, or meet at the Burleigh Beach for a barbeque, or shop for shoes (should have been number one on this list!). Then every weekend I find myself with my finance and statistics tutorial questions and revision.

Perhaps it's that I went back to university late, so while I go to class then study, my friends are buzzing in their careers, some have babies and some are off travelling the world. And tragically, the best way to keep in contact is on Facebook.

Then I think about my friends buzzing in their careers and caring for their babies, and I realise their time to devote to their friendships may seem too little to them too? It might be a factor of getting older and taking on more responsibilities as we grow....My friend works in finance on Wall Street while he tutors students through their final years of high school; he's on a basketball team after work while he also raises funds for a charter school in Harlem. ... How much time does he have to sit down with his friends and catch up I wonder?

Finding friends with whom you truly have a connection is incredibly hard to find. And finding friends like mine may be even harder. So, on this blog (that I know my dearest friends read) I write that I love you and miss sitting and talking with you and enjoying your wonderful company. And, I'd like to add that my books are no comparison to you and have not once replied back to me after I spend hours talking to them.

P.S And if you're that girl who lunches with her girlfriends on a Saturday and dances with your friends on a Saturday night, I'm green with envy.


This is me and some of my awesome friends in our drinking hats in Austria.

No comments:

Post a Comment