Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Dad

On Friday, my father turned 50.

He decided to stick it to the man, boot work for the day and drive his boat over somewhere near New Zealand to go deep sea fishing. I like that.

My father is one of the kindest, loving, hilarious and loyal people I know. He's one of those people you learn a lesson from each day, and one of those men you want to sit down and talk to, he's the man I would want my son to grow up and emulate. He has wise advice and so much love for any situation I find myself in. He has dedicated his life to his wife and three children and shows us how much he loves each of us every single day.

When I lived in America for six months, all I wanted by the end was a hug from my Dad and I can tell you it was one of the best hugs ever. He has really big strong hands from working hard for so many years, they're great to hold onto when you're feeling afraid or you need some support. He's always there ready to hold your hand....and he always has been.

Tonight, I'm just going to stop and say thank you for the blessing that is my Jezzy-Bear.

Happy Birthday Daddy x

No comments:

Post a Comment