Sunday, March 6, 2011

Dear Sunday, I love you.

Sometimes when you have lots of assignments and study to do, it's the time when your mind wanders the most; inconvenient to say the least.

So what I was thinking is: what if every time your mind wanders, you let it wander to people that inspire you and make you want to work harder to make sure you achieve more in this life? ...maybe that would refresh your mind, and bring you back to your pile of work with more purpose.

I like to think of David Ogilvy. This man made it happen for himself, and his legacy is an empire. Coco Chanel knew what she wanted, pursued it endlessly, and made sure that Chanel exists for us today. Joe Strummer invented punk (yes he did) and lead his life exactly how he felt each day should be lived, and Nelson Mandela changed everything.

.....this is where my mind wanders to, and then I snap back to here at my desk with my vintage champagne lamp, my whiteboard covered in finance ratios and the photo of my mans and think "Yes, I love my finance study"...I know what it will bring me tomorrow. 




Happy Sunday Roast!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I love your blog, Miss Katie...
    Avalon said it is ace :)

    ReplyDelete