Saturday, April 2, 2011

Burnt Toast Everyday

I can guarantee you every single morning I eat burnt toast....and not because I like it that way. It's because I set my bread in the toaster then I go off to make my coffee, run to the lounge room and watch a news story, put a few dishes in the dishwasher, grab my iPad to read/send emails while I have breakfast, then stop to talk to my sister OH NO MY TOAST!!! I tell you, this happens every single morning (although recently thanks to wonderful Easter my toast is traded in for hot cross buns....burnt hot cross buns). 
 I've been told that I should stay by the toaster and check on my bread’s progress. Instead of running about, stay still. Whatever. Doesn't every woman do this? Don't we all squeeze 47 different things in 10 minutes? I know we do. 
The other night, I was watching the new TV ad placement for Elevit Womens MultiVitamins. The woman on the ad was sitting at the table eating her breakfast while she was watching the news, while feeding her toddler and then the camera wide shots showed her foot bouncing her baby in the basinet on the ground. As Oprah would say, this was my "Ah huh!" moment! All women do 16 things at once and 47 things in 10 minutes! Nicely done Elevit, you told a very nice and accurate story there.
Well, all I have to say is GIRLPOWER....and burnt toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment