Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Little Green Gecko


Remember the other day when I wanted to blog about television ads but I was dealing with a sabotage situation? Well, all has been repaired and as promised I have a TVC for you. In fact, I have the TVC for you. 

Geico has a reputation for entertaining ads that advertise their product and maintain their brand image of always giving you more money saved in one small green punch: the Geico Gecko. Geico's ads give the insurance giant the ability to penetrate the prime time clutter and give the brand valuable 'top of mind' when their market is considering affordable insurance purchases. Especially here in America, the British accent of the Geico Gecko steals the audience's attention with something new. We all love something new. 

What Geico has come up with now had me giggling. It's fresh, it's compelling and it's actually quite awesome. Can I describe TVCs as awesome? Well, I just did. What's new here is the absence of the brand's advertising strength: the Geico Gecko. There is however, no lack of humor or hilarious animals, so naturally it gets my vote. But don't let my vote talk for you, check it out for yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment