Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Power of an Extraordinary Teacher

Throughout my life I've had some brilliant teachers and some not-so-brilliant teachers. Throughout my entire education, I have had nothing like my teachers at Bond University. I'm not trying to plug my university here, I'm trying to plug the difference a knowledgeable, passionate teacher makes on a student’s life. 
 
A teacher who is passionate about their expertise and is excited to share their knowledge with others, not only motivates students to attend every class, it invites students to read on, further discuss topics with their teacher, and commit to study and learning. This is so because they know how awesome this knowledge is. When these students go to sleep each night, they do so with great pride in their accomplishments. Passion and excitement about education is contagious. 
 
This is the type of education I wish for all students, from the time they enter school as five-year olds through to university (if they choose to attend). Imagine the future of a child who is surrounded by this nurturing and encouraging educational environment. Awesome. Imagine our society if our children are constantly surrounded and supported in this manner. Brilliant. 
 
I believe education is one of the most important aspects in a person's development, and teachers who mirror this belief and then act it out in the classroom everyday are legends. The power of an extraordinary teacher is exceptional. The people who are committed to educating, inspiring, encouraging and supporting students have the ability to shift a person's life and have a positive impact on society. Let's give it up for these teachers. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment