Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Philadelphia Fine Arts Festival

Philadelphia is a city where imagination and history collide. When you stroll the streets, you feel surrounded by energy and when your eyes gaze up, murals (supported by the city) bring brick walls to life. I feel as though I'm walking through a gallery every time I step outside of my apartment building.

Last Sunday was the Philadelphia Fine Arts Festival in Rittenhouse Square. It was as much a celebration of art as it was of history. The festival began in 1932 when a small group of students gathered to show their work. It has grown into a festival that saw artists exhibitions shoulder to shoulder throughout the entire park, displaying the most beautiful art I've seen.

Artist Ning Lee's work took my breath away. Lee is a contemporary realist using oil paintings. If I had the dollars my wall paper would be replaced with his work, it's majestic.

Three Plums

Roses #5

Eggscape #3

Pomegranates On The Wall


To see more of Lee's work, his website is ningleeart.com.

The Fine Arts Festival was yet another reason why I love Philadelphia. This city takes you on journeys.




No comments:

Post a Comment