Monday, July 25, 2011

I'm Almost a Graduate

I'm pretty thrilled to be graduating in a mere three weeks and I can honestly say I've worked my caboose off and have achieved the highest grades possible in every single assessment for every single course. I feel an immense sense of achievement knowing I have done everything within my power to attend and participate in class, read chapters ahead, find further readings on topics, trawl brandchannel and Adweek every day, work hard in my teams to achieve awesome business plans and assignments, keep up to date with business and financial news, and always remain motivated to the cause of being a University Graduate. Those two words just brought tears to my eyes.

With this degree comes a multitude of options for my future and an ability to follow pretty much any path I feel passionate towards. And I have a degree to back me up. It's like my 'Bachelor of Business' written on my resume backed up with high grades on my transcript says "See, she could do it, if you give her this chance". That's pretty exciting.

And what better way to ensure I have a multitude of options than move to Philadelphia with my fiancé and commute to New York each day? Yep, it's going to happen; I'm hitting PR in New York, why not? Some of my Professors have advised staying in Australia, getting some experience and then hitting the big time. Some Professors tell me to pack my bags tomorrow and give it a "bloody good shot" (Australian Professors have colour in their expression, you see). I'm going with the latter.

So here goes, in just over a month I'll be leaving my beloved Australian shores, my beautiful family and friends and giving it a "bloody good shot". Just so you know, I'll be the girl walking around as if I'm floating amongst clouds....See you over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment